[geeks] Rebates

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Mon Feb 4 19:45:02 CST 2008

Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> The whole system needs to be abolished, or be done at the register and
> guaranteed by the merchant.

Or you could "vote with your feet" and not buy products based on
after-rebate price.  I only send in a rebate if it is for a sizable
amount of money (i think the rebate on my lexmark c534n was $200?) and
from a reputable manufacturer.  Otherwise, i choose not to reward the
behavior of offering rebates.  I think i sent in two rebates last year,
and got both checks in a timely fashion.

    -Dan Sikorski