[geeks] Integrated video and large displays

John Lee j.benlin.lee at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 11:54:40 CST 2008

It's about time for me to replace my Powerbook G4. I was initially
thinking of getting a Macbook Pro, but to be honest, I never really
felt the Powerbook was too lacking in any single department. So, I
began thinking about getting a Macbook and a large display (23-24",
1920x1200). Can anyone comment on the performance of the Macbook's
integrated video when driving a big display? Most of the time I spend
my day in emacs and Eclipse writing code, so I don't need ginormous
framerates, but I do want screen updates to happen smoothly.

Cheers,
John