[geeks] WM woes (was:Flickr)

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 11:47:36 CST 2008

From: Dan Sikorski

>I've been having a horrible experience with Windows Mobile for about two
>years now.  I've got a Palm Treo 700w, and everything sucks on it.

The sad thing is I really like my HTC Touch, it's a slick piece of hardware. I
don't find WM6 anywhere as bad as WM5 was on my old device stability-wise. I
agree the UI in WM is pretty crappy in places. The really ironic part is it's
still more intuitive than most cellphones.

I enjoy ramming the low price and more functionality of this thing in the face
of iPhone fanboys, but the reality is Apple are catching up fast, and in 2
years they may well have a mobile OS X that is to WM what Leopard is to
Vista.

You can see why MS are pushing aggressively on the Web an SaS fronts - the
walls are closing in on the rest of their markets, save for gaming.

--

Mark