[geeks] Weird MacOS issue

Rick Hamell hamellr at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 20:44:36 CST 2008

Lionel Peterson wrote:
> On Dec 22, 2008, at 8:16 PM, Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 04:40:52PM -0500, Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>>> The first one was that I ran Drive Genius 2 on my primary drive.  I got
>>> it as part of a bundle and since it was highly recommended by various
>>> parties, I decided to try it.
>>
>> A lot of "rescue" software had to be updated for 10.5.x, DiskWarrior
>> especially.
>
> I recently upgraded to 10.5.6, and I *think* the install required a
> couple boots, I heard the system start music a couple times before I got
> a login prompt. Also, I think the update messed up safari web browser...
> It started to seize up after two or three pages loaded. I took it as a
> sign I ahold get to know firefox a little better by using it.
>
> Anyone else notice bad behavior after a 10.5.6 update?

Quite the opposite actually.

Based on my experiences I'd say you've got a corrupted FAT. Techtool may
help, it seems to fix deeper issues then Drive Genius or Disk Warrior.

You can also wipe the drive, repartition it into two pieces, erase each
then merge back into one if you don't have Techtool or don't want to
plunk the money down for it.

--
Rick Hamell
http://RickHamell.com

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of hamellr.vcf]