[geeks] Weird MacOS issue

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 20:38:27 CST 2008

On Dec 22, 2008, at 8:16 PM, Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 04:40:52PM -0500, Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>> The first one was that I ran Drive Genius 2 on my primary drive.  I
>> got
>> it as part of a bundle and since it was highly recommended by various
>> parties, I decided to try it.
>
> A lot of "rescue" software had to be updated for 10.5.x, DiskWarrior
> especially.

I recently upgraded to 10.5.6, and I *think* the install required a
couple boots, I heard the system start music a couple times before I
got a login prompt. Also, I think the update messed up safari web
browser... It started to seize up after two or three pages loaded. I
took it as a sign I ahold get to know firefox a little better by using
it.

Anyone else notice bad behavior after a 10.5.6 update?

Lionel