[geeks] Solaris linking issue

Jonathan Katz jon at jonworld.com
Wed Dec 3 17:15:40 CST 2008

>> LD_LIBRARYY_PATH ???
>
> It seems that LD_LIBRARY_PATH acts to append it's arguments to the search
> list, not replace the search list.   I could be wrong, but if so then I may
> be wrong about the specific problem.  I have been running the program with
> this command:
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/spidermonkey/lib:/usr/local/lib ./couchdb

IIRC LD_LIBRARY_PATH will overwrite, so let's say you have something
that depends on /lib and you change LD_LIBRARY_PATH to just have
/usr/local/lib ... the stuff relying upon /lib will break.

My memory is foggy here, though. It may have something to do with the
way you're running it, too...

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/foo:/bar:/baz; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH; ./program

??