[geeks] GeForce 8800GT for Mac Pro Gen 1 on sale

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 14:52:20 CDT 2008

If anyone on here using a Mac Pro uses graphics card heavy apps or is
a gamer this might be of interest:

http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/ukstore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=7E4F2D7D&nplm=MB560

There looks to be a lead time on the m in the UK ATM, I haven't
checked the US store. Interestingly they have also dropped the price
to within a reasonable margin of standard PC 8800GTs (although the
price of those is about to drop with the 9600 and 9800 coming to
market).

If, like me, you made the mistake of buying your Mac Pro with the
stock GeForce 7300GT and need something beefier this is a good upgrade
option. It's arguably saved me building a new PC (to the tune of 500
GBP).

--
Mark Benson

My Blog: