[geeks] [rescue] Airport Security and Rescues...

Rick Hamell hamellr at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 08:33:28 CDT 2008

> Jimmy Page is also a thief.  Both he and Eric Clapton played the blues.
> Eric Clapton takes the old, black, bluesmen's songs and plays them and gives
> credit to the original author (a la, Crossroads).  Jimmy Page, on the other
> hand, corrects the English and publishes them as if he wrote them.  [This
> was documented many time in music publications in the 60's and 70's.  Ian
> Anderson was so infuriated that he wrote at least one song calling Jimmy
> Page's hand.  {Hopefully, I refereneced the correct Ian.  British guy who
> went on to fame with Jethro Tull.}]

One of my friends was a musician/songwriter about that time. Several of
his songs got stolen and popularized by Jimmy Page. Unluckily the
original copies of the songs are in the ex-Wife's possession so he's
never been able to do anything about it.

--
Rick Hamell
Tech Blog - http://www.1nova.com/blog