[geeks] [rescue] Airport Security and Rescues...

Michael-John Turner mj at turner.org.za
Wed Apr 2 03:59:35 CDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 08:05:11AM -0400, hike wrote:
> A friend of Jimmy Page, on hearing the name, The New Yardbirds, said, Oh,
> yeah.  That'll go over like a lead zepplin."  The New Yardbirds changed
> the name of the band to Led Zepplin.

I could be wrong, but I've heard that it was Keith Moon who said that.

> Jimmy Page is also a thief.  Both he and Eric Clapton played the blues.
> Eric Clapton takes the old, black, bluesmen's songs and plays them and gives
> credit to the original author (a la, Crossroads).  Jimmy Page, on the other
> hand, corrects the English and publishes them as if he wrote them.  [This
> was documented many time in music publications in the 60's and 70's.  Ian
> Anderson was so infuriated that he wrote at least one song calling Jimmy
> Page's hand.  {Hopefully, I refereneced the correct Ian.  British guy who
> went on to fame with Jethro Tull.}]

As big a Led Zeppelin fan as I am, can't disagree with you on that one.
They got sued for 'borrowing' large portions of Whole Lotta Love and lost
(was it taken from Willie Dixon?).

Yes, Ian Anderson is the member of Jethro Tull you're thinking of.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner
mj at mjturner.net     | http://mjturner.net/