[geeks] KVM switch recommendations

Chad McAuley chizad at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 14:50:37 CDT 2007

On 9/24/07, Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
> I need to get a KVM to switch among 2 primary systems.  Actually more,
> but I think I'm going to just focus on the two main systems and deal
> with the rest later.
>
> Basically, I need a DVI/USB KVM to switch between a Mac and a PC.
>
> Ideally it needs to handle 1900x1200 in case I get a 24" widescreen.
>
> I've read a lot of reviews, and people report even expensive units have
> little annoying flaws.
>
> Is that just the state of DVI/USB KVM switches, or are there some that
> are pretty much "perfect".

I haven't done any detailed research into it, but what I've seen in
passing leads me to believe that's just the state of DVI/USB KVM
switches.

On a similar topic, if I may do a bit of threadjacking, anyone have
recommendations for a decent VGA/USB KVM?  I just need one that can
switch between two PCs.