[geeks] TRON sequel in the works...

Dave Fischer dave at cca.org
Wed Sep 12 00:03:14 CDT 2007

shannon at widomaker.com writes:

>Actually, it could, because quite a few remakes were well done.

>However, I do worry a lot about a disaster like the remake of "20K Leagues
>Under the Sea".

>What I would like to see in a 20K remake is one that makes it look pretty
>much exactly the same, but with modern improvements to production, and more
>detail from the original story.

>I don't see why they had to change the classic look of the original.

The original, or the 1954 remake?

The original (1916) is interesting for having the first ever
underwater film footage. In fact, the movie was pretty much
just an excuse to show off their new underwater camera. Aside
from the diving scenes... not such a great film.

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
-------------- "I love my after school club!" - Funky Forest --------------