[geeks] TRON sequel in the works...

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Sep 11 22:06:08 CDT 2007

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 00:09:43 +0000
wa2egp at att.net wrote:

> From: John Francini <francini at mac.com>
> >
> > And, according to that article, there's also a Logan's Run remake
> > under way as well.
> >
> > My immediate thought was: why?
>
> So they could do the story right?  Nah! Never happen..

Actually, it could, because quite a few remakes were well done.

However, I do worry a lot about a disaster like the remake of "20K Leagues
Under the Sea".

What I would like to see in a 20K remake is one that makes it look pretty
much exactly the same, but with modern improvements to production, and more
detail from the original story.

I don't see why they had to change the classic look of the original.

Or even worse, George Lucas' idiotic remake of his own Star Wars trilogy.

I heard a rumor that he was on the set of Indiana Jones 4 wearing a t-shirt
that says "Greedo shot first!"

--
shannon /  Don't you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the
-------'   range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime