[geeks] The ol' trusty G4...

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 13:06:26 CDT 2007

On 11 Sep 2007, at 17:55, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:

> In other words, go for a SIIG card unless you are going to
> simultaneously use enough drives to saturate PCI.
>
> BTW, I believe that Jonathan Patschke uses the same card I have in a
> quicksilver and is happy with it.

My other option is dropping a SATA card into a Dual PIII/650 server
and using that. I think either is going to give the right results but
it's picking a card that can take the hammer of 4 drives. Also the
PIII board has 2 PCI-66MHz capable slots which the Mac doesn't IIRC
(the only 66MHz card slot on the Mac is the video slot).

FWIW I can't find any SIIG products in the UK either :(

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://mdblog.68kmac.org>