[geeks] keyboards for Mac

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Sep 3 17:35:59 CDT 2007

On Mon, 3 Sep 2007 16:47:25 -0500 (CDT)
"Jonathan C. Patschke" <jp at celestrion.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Sep 2007, Bill Bradford wrote:
>
> >> I still can't believe Apple, of all companies, ships such absolute
> >> crap for mice and keyboards with their very expensive systems.
> >
> > Jonathan says the new keyboards are *great*.  I've not had a chance to
> > try them yet.
>
> My only real complaint about the new Apple keyboards is the fairly short
> travel the keys enjoy.  The response is crisp and consistent.

They are OK as laptop keyboards go, I just really want more travel, and I
also prefer a bit of a border around the keys.

I can't detect any response from them at all myself.  They just kind of hit
bottom, like most other laptop keyboards.

Very stylish, and I guess if you also put a lot of time into a laptop, this
way you have essentially the same keyboard either way.

Some people say that helps.  I've not used laptops enough to know myself.

> One minor nit that I have is that the caps lock key does not tend to
> stay activated when pressed at its right edge, which only effects me
> because I have it remapped as a second Control key.

That's common with nearly all laptop keyboards.  They really don't intend for
you to be using that key very much.

The only solution I have found is finger training.

--
shannon