[geeks] keyboards for Mac

Doug McLaren dougmc at frenzied.us
Wed Sep 5 12:05:00 CDT 2007

On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 02:47:15AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
| On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 01:11:18AM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
| > Does anyone know if a keyboard like the "Logitech Wave" will work with
| > MacOS?
|
| Any standard USB keyboard will work.

... once you get into the OS.

I remember getting my Mac G4 Tower and hooking it up to a PC keyboard
and having a hell of a time figuring out how to get the CD open so I
could actually install on it.

I don't recall if I ever did find the right key sequence to get the CD
to open, or I just took the drive out and opened it with a paper clip.

Once I got it installed it was fine -- MacOS did the needed mapping of
the keyboard and the usual keyboard commands worked fine, but no such
joy in the firmware.

--
Doug McLaren, dougmc at frenzied.us       Don't hit the keys so hard -- it hurts.