[geeks] Intel D201GLY2 is out...

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Wed Oct 31 13:34:19 CDT 2007

On Oct 31, 2007, at 1:24 PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> FOr those who don't remember/care, this is the revision of the
> Intel Celeron-based uITX MB with built-in CPU/Cooler for $70 I
> spoke of a while ago. The main difference, two on-board 1.5 Gb/sec
> SATA ports, along with the PATA 100/66 port.
>
> This is a much more useful board, as this cannow be built into a
> DVR "drone" by simply stuffing a PCI PVR card in the one slot,
> putting one or two SATA HDs for massive storage, and serving up
> videos for playback on other systems... Like a Myth server, for
> example?
>
> Intel link: http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/D201GLY2/
> index.htm
>
> Retail appears to be about $70 for this board as well, but it does
> not appear to be generally available (yet - at least I can't find
> it right now)...

A friend of mine went to the Intel show and brought back some info on
them months ago.  I'm not much for x86 stuff of late but with a
supported pci card these would make simple Asterisk boxes a slam-
dunk.  To say nothing of small media PCs.

Mike Hebel
----
See with eyes unclouded, think with mind uncluttered, act with heart
unchained!