[geeks] Intel D201GLY2 is out...

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Oct 31 18:23:15 CDT 2007

On Oct 31, 2007, at 2:24 PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> FOr those who don't remember/care, this is the revision of the
> Intel Celeron-based uITX MB with built-in CPU/Cooler for $70 I
> spoke of a while ago. The main difference, two on-board 1.5 Gb/sec
> SATA ports, along with the PATA 100/66 port.
>
> This is a much more useful board, as this cannow be built into a
> DVR "drone" by simply stuffing a PCI PVR card in the one slot,
> putting one or two SATA HDs for massive storage, and serving up
> videos for playback on other systems... Like a Myth server, for
> example?
>
> Intel link: http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/D201GLY2/
> index.htm
>
> Retail appears to be about $70 for this board as well, but it does
> not appear to be generally available (yet - at least I can't find
> it right now)...

Neato!

My usual question when I see something like this is, "How reliable is
it?"

I would love to replace my space hog heaters that I use for email and
general server duty with a tiny little machine based on something
like this, but 24/7 without issue is a requirement too.

This is very tempting to play with.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com