[geeks] Intel D201GLY2 is out...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Oct 31 13:24:45 CDT 2007

FOr those who don't remember/care, this is the revision of the Intel Celeron-based uITX MB with built-in CPU/Cooler for $70 I spoke of a while ago. The main difference, two on-board 1.5 Gb/sec SATA ports, along with the PATA 100/66 port.

This is a much more useful board, as this cannow be built into a DVR "drone" by simply stuffing a PCI PVR card in the one slot, putting one or two SATA HDs for massive storage, and serving up videos for playback on other systems... Like a Myth server, for example?

Intel link: http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/D201GLY2/index.htm

Retail appears to be about $70 for this board as well, but it does not appear to be generally available (yet - at least I can't find it right now)...

Lionel