[geeks] FYI: CompUSA is offering OS X 10.5 for $99 (after rebate)

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Oct 30 12:09:22 CDT 2007

On Oct 30, 2007, at 12:32 AM, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:

> There is a whiff of Weimar about the USA at the moment.  Whether it
> is temporary or not is hard to tell.  If Hillary gets and appears to
> be able to actually wield power, I have the option of moving to Asia.

I think it could get like that, but we aren't anywhere near that yet.

Europe is closer to that than we are right now.

> Biting the bullet would have meant issuing presidential directives
> authorizing any and all oil drilling on Sept 12th, 2001 in ANWR and
> the Florida Everglades; and the immediate granting of a permit for
> longwall coal mining under the Grand Staircase Escalante area -
> Clinton's parting gift to the Riadys and the Chicoms as he left
> office, since it is a huge deposit of low-sulfur coal that has now
> been locked away forever.

We should have done this a long time ago.

There is no valid reason for the US to depend on foreign energy.

Then you have the loonies that block it to "save the Earth", which is
ironic because it is probably out best chance to get into new energy
sources and really save the Earth.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com