[geeks] FYI: CompUSA is offering OS X 10.5 for $99 (after rebate)

Chad McAuley chizad at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 11:56:31 CDT 2007

On 10/26/07, Dan Sikorski <me at dansikorski.com> wrote:
> That's not surprising to me, groceries and gasoline must be the most
> competitive items in the American market.  People are fanatical about
> saving a nickel on milk and eggs, or a penny or two on a gallon of gas,
> and will drive all over town to do it.  Personally, I don't get it, save
> a nickel per gallon on gas, and even to fill my tank, that only
> translates to $1.  Convenience is worth a dollar to me.

I've never understood that either.  I do try and fill up near my
house, because gas is regularly a good 10-15 cents more per gallon
around where I work, but it doesn't bother me if I forget occasionally
and have to pay that extra dollar or two to fill up.  And that doesn't
happen all that often, since the low fuel light in my Focus comes on
when I still have 2-3 gallons left in the tank, which is more than
enough to get me home.