[geeks] FYI: CompUSA is offering OS X 10.5 for $99 (after rebate)

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Fri Oct 26 11:42:16 CDT 2007

Sandwich Maker wrote:
> i remember that.  wally world figures people will be pulled in, then
> drop lotsa cash around the store.  they're also trying it with
> groceries, and i'm glad to hear they're getting skunked - folks are
> getting in, getting the cheap food, then getting out.

That's not surprising to me, groceries and gasoline must be the most
competitive items in the American market.  People are fanatical about
saving a nickel on milk and eggs, or a penny or two on a gallon of gas,
and will drive all over town to do it.  Personally, I don't get it, save
a nickel per gallon on gas, and even to fill my tank, that only
translates to $1.  Convenience is worth a dollar to me.

    -Dan Sikorski