[geeks] FYI: CompUSA is offering OS X 10.5 for $99 (after rebate)

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Fri Oct 26 09:31:20 CDT 2007

" Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 22:27:47 -0700
"
" > I guess the lemmings have stopped falling for the high prices?
" >
" > I wonder if this could help the old computer stores start appearing
" > again?
" >
" > Places like CompUSA drove them out of business before.
" >
" > []
" >
" > Could people be learning?
"
" No. Compusa closed their stores because of Walmart. There were several news
" articles about it, but essentially a couple of Christmas Shopping Seasons
" ago Walmart reduced Big screen TV prices 30% below their cost. Compusa lost
" millions and wasn't able to recover.

i remember that.  wally world figures people will be pulled in, then
drop lotsa cash around the store.  they're also trying it with
groceries, and i'm glad to hear they're getting skunked - folks are
getting in, getting the cheap food, then getting out.