[geeks] Cheap Octocore

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Oct 24 16:24:58 CDT 2007

On Oct 24, 2007, at 3:35 AM, Mark wrote:

> On 24 Oct 2007, at 03:21, Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>
>> Calling them on the phone is even worse.
>
> Hmmm... we get really good telephone service in the UK. Helpful sales
> folk who don't try and screw you too. The process usually goes: Ring

Sorry, not really what I mean.

They are no help in deciphering the multi-tiered madness.  It
confuses them too.

I didn't mean they aren't good once they know what you are after.

Although, there have been times when explaining what I wanted was
rather hard, if it was anything not involving a checkbox or cookie
cutter answer.

It seems that their tiered sales system confuses their own sales
people quite often.

I've seen systems that were sold in two tiers, but with different
equipment, and a couple of times ordering them for clients or a
company I was working for, they gave me pure hell trying to get parts
in one that were sold in different tiers.

It probably depends on who you talk to.  Dell phone droids seem to
have varied a lot over the years, at least that has been my experience.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com