[geeks] AAPL > IBM

N. Miller velociraptor at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 16:12:14 CDT 2007

On Oct 24, 2007, at 1:25 PM, Mike Meredith wrote:

> There isn't a power button on an iPod? I didn't run with the standard
> firmware long enough to remember but Rockbox allows you to turn it
> off.

Not really, you can make it "sleep". Sometimes they crash here if you
paused in the middle of a song and leave it "sleeping" for a long
time, so it might as well be off.  I guess no off switch is the trade
off vs. using a big chuck of flash to speed "boot" time, which would
increase the cost.

It doesn't really bother me that it doesn't have an "off" switch, but
I guess some might have different preferences.  My biggest beef is
that I can't "shuffle" a single playlist on the iPod once it's
there.  Or, at least, I haven't figured out how to do it.  For the
most part, like the Mac, they "just work".

I have rather more beefs with iTunes.

=Nadine=