[geeks] sheet fed scanner recommendations

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Oct 23 22:35:24 CDT 2007

I need a duplex sheet fed scanner for paper elimination.

It needs to work with MacOS and hopefully also other systems, and
some decent OCR software would be nice, but not an absolute requirement.

I've heard that the Fujitsu scanners are nice, but really don't know
much about them in general.

I could probably even get by with one of those single-sheet feed
scanners, but it seems few of them have Mac drivers, and no, Vuescan
doesn't have many either.

Any recommendations appreciated.

If anyone has a Fujitsu unit, a mini-review would be nice.

Thanks.