[geeks] AAPL > IBM

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Wed Oct 24 15:25:33 CDT 2007

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 16:04:44 -0500 (CDT), Lionel Peterson wrote:

> What, you wrap a $100 bill around the unit and send it back to Apple
> (in the case of the iPod, anyway ;^) - what's so bad about that? 8^)

Well, judging from the fact I've had three players in the last two
years, I seem to just buy a new player when the battery starts to go :)

I *have* replaced a battery in an iRiver and I could probably do so in
an iPod, but it's not one of my fondest things to do and although the
people here can quite easily do it, it isn't something ordinary users
can be expected to attempt.

> Steve Jobs told me it wasn't a problem, and until I can get my Steve
> Jobs Reality Distortion Field Jammer I have no choice but to believe
> him. He was right about the no power button thing too, you know...

There isn't a power button on an iPod? I didn't run with the standard
firmware long enough to remember but Rockbox allows you to turn it off.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
  "Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any