[geeks] brown noise

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Sun Oct 7 22:47:12 CDT 2007

> I believe they failed to account for the efficiency of the speakers in their
> distance calculations...
>
> I also take their myth busting with a grain of salt, IMHO (and I am not a
> Physicist), they cut a few corners, are overly broad in their "interpretations"
> and are too quick to say things like "Well, we couldn't do it, so it must not be
> possible"... It is just a personal opinion, but if I watch a couple episodes
> back to back, I'll agree with about 90% of their findings.
>
> I believe they are sincere about trying to prove/disprove myths, and beileve
> what they are saying, I just find occasional problems with their conclusions.
>
> No, I can't cite any instances off the top of my head, except maybe the hot
> wheel car on the long track racing a viper rolling down the hill - because they
> couldn't get a consistent track, they busted the myth...
>
> That said, I do love the show ;^)
>
> Lionel

I was the one who mentioned it.  It was an interesting test although I heard a
different frequency in the way I heard the myth.  Still, they are trying to
see if these myths are for real.  The few times I've watched it, I had the same
reactions to their conclusions    If it was supposed to be really scientific,
the people who think the myth is true are the ones are supposed to prove it.
It's a little illogical to try to disprove something that doesn't exist. :)

Bob