[geeks] brown noise

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Oct 8 06:33:36 CDT 2007

>From: Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net>
>Date: 2007/10/07 Sun PM 10:29:44 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] brown noise

>On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 03:38:29AM +0200, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
>> There tests are fraught with mistakes, cut corners and ignorance, but
>> they are certainly fun to watch
>
>I think that's the whole premise.  Plus the "Well, now let's just use
>way more gunpowder/explosives than we need, and BLOW THINGS UP!".  I
>loved the segment with Buster in the culvert/drainage pipe, and then the
>tree-trunk cannon.  If you watch the cannon episode closely, fragments of
>cannon take out one of their pickups. 8-)

Or the "stick of dynamite to clean out a hardened load of concrete" episode. They tried a stick of dynamite, then a bit more, then they vaporized the truck and filmed it from the next hilltop over 8^)

Of course, they didn't really consider (as I remember, but I could be wrong) a hardened partial load of concrete - IIRC, they truck they had to work with had a near complete load of concrete fully hardened, which at points was over 4 feet thick...

Lionel