[geeks] Ultra 2 300MHz CPU question

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue May 22 11:51:19 CDT 2007

" From: Ido Dubrawsky <idubraws at dubrawsky.org>
"
" I tried upgrading my Sun Ultra 2 Enterprise from 168MHz CPUs to 300MHz
" CPUs and the machine won't POST.
" []
" the Sun Ultra 2 manual on SunSolve indicates
" that this is a legal combination.
" []
" The PROM
" level is 3.25 and I know that the minimum PROM for the 400MHz CPU is
" 3.19 so I suspect that I'm good in that regard.  I'm not sure what else
" to look at/try.  Any suggestions?

jumpers?  don't the 168s run at a different bus speed than the 300s
and 400s?