[geeks] The Dog's Breakfast: Microsoft Windows Vista

Kevin kevin at pipeline.com
Sun May 6 16:48:55 CDT 2007

In all likelihood, you could get that setup working in less than a day.
Say what you will, but it is my position that you will likely end up
waisting much more than a days worth of time dealing with Windows "issues"
over the life of you setup than you would with a more stable system.

Aside from compiling the occasional software, the computer i'm sitting
in front of now (an old 600MHz Dell running Slackware) has not been
touched in at least three years and still does an amazing amount of work
(all personal web/email tasks, edit and compress video/pics, finance and
business tracking/forecasting, word processing, shipping labels, rip CD to
mp3s, etc........)

I don't have time to d**k around with software either, that's why i don't
use any MS products.

If Windows just worked, i would happily, be looking for a new job.

/KRM