[geeks] Ubuntu partition on Bootcamp Mac?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Jul 31 22:34:14 CDT 2007

On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 08:21:24PM -0700, Jon Gilbert wrote:
> There's nothing about Second Life that forces you to pretend
> anything. You are free to use your real name if you like, or put it
> in your profile.

I just looked at the signup page:

https://secure-web0.secondlife.com/join/

They have a finite set of last names to choose from; it certainly does
NOT let me name my character "Bill Bradford".  The closest choice it has
is "Bracken", and that's not available.

"Premium Accounts, starting for as little as $6.00/month, allow you to own
land on which you can build, display your creations, entertain or run your
own business."

Sure, I'll pay REAL money to own VIRTUAL property!  Not.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas