[geeks] Ubuntu partition on Bootcamp Mac?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Jul 31 23:01:46 CDT 2007

On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 10:34:14PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> I just looked at the signup page:
> https://secure-web0.secondlife.com/join/
> They have a finite set of last names to choose from; it certainly does
> NOT let me name my character "Bill Bradford".  The closest choice it has
> is "Bracken", and that's not available.

I just spent ten minutes messing around.  It reminds me of early VRML
stuff with better graphics, or those avatar chat systems that were out
in the mid-90s.

So far, it appears they value "pretty graphics" over "ease of use".
I've seen CAD programs with better interfaces.

Screenshot without UI and HUD, etc:

http://www.mrbill.net/billflow.jpg

Not bad, but it screams "game" to me.

Bill