[geeks] Just picked up an HP 5Si MX, few questions...

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Wed Jan 31 12:06:38 CST 2007

Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> Well the Princeton Surplus sale turned up another winner - an HP 5Si
>> MX printer, with all cables and the "Tray 4" printer stand that takes
>> a TON of paper (I think it said 4,000 sheets ;^) AND the little cable
>> that connects the printer to the expansion tray/stand. It also
>> included a JetDirect card, and printed up great test pages (PCL and
>> PS) - $50.
>
> A pretty good deal.  The only reasons I didn't go with something similar
> myself is that I finally decided on getting color, and this printer
> takes waay too much power for my taste.

I'm in the market for a decent color laser (preferably 11x17-capable) at
some point myself.  I've reached the point of total frustration trying
to persuade our Deskjet 2500CM just to keep printing at all, let alone
print on anything but letter-size paper or from anywhere but Tray 2.

--
 It's not the years, it's the mileage.
 Phil Stracchino              phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
 Landline: 603-429-0220                Mobile: 603-320-5438