[geeks] Just picked up an HP 5Si MX, few questions...

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Wed Jan 31 11:24:31 CST 2007

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 11:05:17AM -0600, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> Any concerns/gotchas with this specific printer? (I really like that
> is can accomodate 11x17 pages ;^)

That feature sounds nice.

> Any point to adding a HD to the printer? (Does anything really take
> advantage of the internal HD, it seems like an idea the Mfg. thought
> would take off, but did not...)

I've seen two printers with HDs.  One used the HD for swap apparently.

The other printer I saw with a harddrive used it to store commonly used
forms and clip art.  The printer was connected to a mini-computer and
was mostly only used via custom software on the mini, so I guess that
software was written to take advantage of refering to on the printer
harddrive rather than retransmitting the images and such.  I don't
really know how that worked out, if it was custom postscript commands or
something else.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net