[geeks] Weird DNS problem

Ido Dubrawsky idubraws at dubrawsky.org
Tue Jan 16 22:25:28 CST 2007

I'm trying to add a dns entry to my server in order to put together a wiki.

I tried to add wiki.dubrawsky.org and the DNS servers I'm querying sit it on
the first resolution and then don't see it on the next one and every query
thereafter.  If I query my nameserver directly then it resolves.  I've even
tried Bill's server and it doesn't resolve.  What the hell is going on?

I've got both TCP/53 and UDP/53 open on the router, I'm running BIND 9.3.2.
I even stopped using views in order to see if that was the problem and it's
not.  I've got a picture of a screenshot I took from a Windows box to show
you what's going on.  The picture is here:

http://www.dubrawsky.org/nslookup.jpg

The same thing happens whether it's a Windows box or a linux box.  Any ideas?

Ido
Ido Dubrawsky, CISSP           		E-mail:          ido at dubrawsky.org
Network Security Architect			   idubraws at siliconsec.com
dubrawsky.org