[geeks] Pointers to low-cost Solaris x86-compatible MB (mini-ITX)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Jan 16 11:51:46 CST 2007

Based on recent conversations, I found this mini-ITX VIA 800 MHz MB that is Sun Solaris 10 HCL Certified:

http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/hcl/data/sol/systems/details/1648.html

Here is one place you can get a MB & power adapter for under $200:

http://www.mini-box.com/s.nl/it.A/id.350/.f ($169 for the kit, + S/H, taxes)

There is a 1 GHz version that is reported to work as well, with slightly higher from above retailer:

http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/hcl/data/sx/systems/details/1649.html

I wonder if this nifty little box, w/LCD display would support Solaris in a meaningful way:

http://www.mini-box.com/Mini-Box-M300-LCD

Just data points for mini-ITX MBs that support Solaris (unfortunately, they are not UltraSPARC-based)...

Lionel