[geeks] Lomo/Holga photography

James Fogg James at jdfogg.com
Mon Jan 15 13:51:31 CST 2007

> I'd like to have a medium format for taking out to the
> waterfront and places like the local battlefields where I
> take a lot of pictures.
>
> It's just yet another thing to store and pay for.

Not really expensive, check out Twin Lens Reflex cameras. The Yashica's
probably took it to its highest artform for a non-German camera.
Ebay-able in the sub-100's and sub-$50's. Make sure it takes 120 film
though. Alternatively, 127, but it's harder to find. Kodak pushed some
proprietary format, 620 I think, that was 120 with a different spool
drive spline. No longer available. Also the 220 format is 120 without
backing paper, 120 will usually work in its place. 120 is the last
surviving roll film in regular production (some 127 is available).

This Yachica-Mat would get you started out nicely.

http://cgi.ebay.com/YASHICA-MAT-124g-TWIN-LENSE-REFLEX-CAMERA-GOOD-COND-
NR_W0QQitemZ250072467064QQihZ015QQcategoryZ30037QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The Yashica D is the model I had.