[geeks] Lomo/Holga photography

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Jan 16 09:57:26 CST 2007

Mon, 15 Jan 2007 @ 20:14 -0700, Dan Duncan said:

> On 1/15/07, Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
> > Sun, 14 Jan 2007 @ 13:47 -0700, Dan Duncan said:
> >
> > > My wife is into photography and has recently expressed interest in
> > > getting a Lomo/Holga camera.  I'd like to pick one up for her birthday
> >
> > Why does she want one?
>
> Why does someone want to hunt with a bow or a muzzle loader
> when a high-powered rifle is available?

Bad analogy.

Muzzle loaders and bows are high quality weapons.

> Perhaps you should do a Google image search on Lomo or an ebay
> search on Holga and see some of the weirdness that comes up.

I have.

> To those of you who assumed I meant to ask a different question or
> questioned why I was even asking the question, you'd never have told
> someone who asked for help on rescuing a TRS-80 or a C-128 to visit
> Dell or Best Buy.

You didn't say why you were asking, and no one can read your mind.

Those people gave you useful information too.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Castles are sacked in war, Chieftains are
scattered far, Truth is a fixed star, Eileen aroon!" -- Gerald Griffin]