[geeks] Got a nice desktop case today...

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Wed Feb 28 13:11:17 CST 2007

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 10:34:45AM -0600, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> I have no idea if WinPVR cards work, but I assume they won't - it was
> after I got the case home that I learned this case was inteded for a
> media center system - the things that make it a good media box make it
> a nice desktop case as well...

I would assume they wouldn't as well, but one can hope.

> Sorry about getting you all excited, MythTV doesn't run on Solaris,
> but I *suppose* you could PLAY video streams from elsewhere, assuming

Apparently you are right about that.  I'm surprised.  I would have
thought that MythTV would have been running on Solaris already.  It runs
on both linux and osx already, and all of the listed dependencies run on
Solaris as well (mysql, gcc, freetype2-devel, xorg-xserver-devel,
qt, lame, mplayer, xine, ffmpeg, etc).

> you can overcome the physical connection between the computer and the
> TV (my big TV has VGA input as well as every other combination known
> to man ;^)...

Plus there is DVI.  I wonder if one of the Nvidia or ATI X?00 cards with
HD component video out would work nicely with Solaris (I'm sure the card
would work, but I don't know if the video out would be properly
supported in either case).

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net