[geeks] Dual Core Rules: your bugs will run twice as fast

Bryan Fullerton fehwalker at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 09:12:00 CST 2007

On 2/13/07, Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
> Mon, 12 Feb 2007 @ 19:18 -0600, Brian Dunbar said:
>
> > What platform?   I've never thought to check Thunderbird for that and it
> > launches by default when my laptop turns on.  It's number 30 in the list.
>
> Linux on a dual core Opteron PC.

Weird. I have Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 running on FC6 on my work laptop
(1.5Ghz Pentium M), accessing two IMAP accounts, and it's not usually
visible anywhere in top (30+ lines) unless it's checking mail.

After running for about an hour:
 3038 bryanf    16   0  167m  38m  19m S  0.3  7.6   0:17.06 thunderbird-bin

Bryan