[geeks] Dual Core Rules: your bugs will run twice as fast

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Feb 12 23:55:37 CST 2007

Mon, 12 Feb 2007 @ 19:18 -0600, Brian Dunbar said:

> What platform?   I've never thought to check Thunderbird for that and it
> launches by default when my laptop turns on.  It's number 30 in the list.

Linux on a dual core Opteron PC.

Of course, I see the same thing out of Firefox and Thunderbird on all
platforms.  Variations in exactly how they waste resources, but the end
result is generally the same.

The sad thing is that everything else sucks worse.

Well, I've heard good things about some of the Mac browsers, but I
haven't played with them much.

--
shannon           | There are nowadays professors of philosophy, but not