[geeks] The new Intel ITX MB is out (w/2x SATA-150)

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Sat Dec 29 00:01:52 CST 2007

On Dec 28, 2007, at 11:43 PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I just ordered the newer version of the Intel D201GLY2 ITX MB[0],
> with the
> Celeron CPU, *no fan*, and dual SATA ports. It was $67 at newegg.com
> [1]
>
> This new version consumes less power, has no on-board fan (purely
> passive
> cooling), and includes two SATA-150 ports. I haven't seen if it is
> shorter
> than the previous model (with the small fan on the CPU heatsink),
> but this
> should be fun to play with... I'm thinking of making a
> demonstration computer,
> with all the pieces attached to a pegboard (so it can be wall
> mounted ;^)...
>
> Video still sucks (uses same chipset as first version, which means
> poor
> support in *nix or really anything not WinXP), Ethernet port is
> still 10/100
> but it does include a PCI slot for expansion.

According to some people on the Logic Supply web site, it is shorter,
but still not short enough to fit in 1U case.  However, in comments
found below that post, someone relates finding an after market fan to
replace the heat sink that fits perfectly.

I am extremely tempted to purchase at least one of those.