[geeks] The new Intel ITX MB is out (w/2x SATA-150)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Fri Dec 28 22:43:54 CST 2007

Hello all,

I just ordered the newer version of the Intel D201GLY2 ITX MB[0], with the
Celeron CPU, *no fan*, and dual SATA ports. It was $67 at newegg.com[1]

This new version consumes less power, has no on-board fan (purely passive
cooling), and includes two SATA-150 ports. I haven't seen if it is shorter
than the previous model (with the small fan on the CPU heatsink), but this
should be fun to play with... I'm thinking of making a demonstration computer,
with all the pieces attached to a pegboard (so it can be wall mounted ;^)...

Video still sucks (uses same chipset as first version, which means poor
support in *nix or really anything not WinXP), Ethernet port is still 10/100
but it does include a PCI slot for expansion.

Lionel

[0] http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/D201GLY2/index.htm

[1] http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813121325