[geeks] End of the line for CompUSA

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Dec 9 19:42:10 CST 2007

On Dec 9, 2007, at 11:15 AM, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 09, 2007 at 10:38:20AM -0500, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>> It's a mystery to me how anyone manages to play Halo on a game
>> console
>> controller.  Then, the Grand Theft Auto franchise is huge, and I
>> don't
>> know how anyone manages to drive anything in that on a game console
>> controller without crashing either.
>
> My middle son has no problem driving a car using the controlers
> with GTA 3 on our PS/2.

I can do it too, but it isn't any fun.  It is totally divorced from
the simulation of action on the screen in all but the most trivial
control systems.

But more importantly, the console games are grossly dumbed down.

It's been really sad to watch formerly great PC games get dumbed down
for the console.

The consoles are now powerful enough to not need most of that, so it
is mostly artificial and stupid that the software ends up that way.