[geeks] Cell phones: block incoming calls

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Wed Dec 5 21:35:07 CST 2007

Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> Dan Sikorski wrote:
>
>> If it's like my WM5 device, not much else works.
>>

> Virtually everything works to my expectations on my Kyocera 7135,
> running PalmOS 4.  Unfortunately, it's getting worn out now, and Kyocera
> never made a follow-up device.  I'm not looking forward to getting a
> Treo to replace it.  I prefer this thing.  It doesn't do EVDO or
> Bluetooth, but it basically does everything else, including taking
> pictures and playing MP3s.  And I'm a bit of a klutz at times, and
> dropping a clamshell phone like my 7135 does a lot less damage than
> dropping a dove-bar phone like the Treo.  But, in any case, I can highly
> recommend PalmOS as a smartphone OS.  I've used Windows Mobile, and it
> doesn't hold a candle to PalmOS.

I thought i had heard something about PalmOS being no longer developed,
but a quick search reveals that information was entirely wrong.  That's
refreshing, and also makes those palm centro commercials make more
sense.  I might have to check that out in a few months when I'm phone
shopping.  For what it's worth, the one thing i do like about the treo
700 is it's size/shape.  it's very comfortable as a phone, and decent
for a PDA.  I dropped mine onto concrete from belt-height (i wear a 38
inch inseam, so that's a fair distance) and it survived with only a few
scratches.  Maybe I will give palmOS a chance, i haven't used it for a
very long time.

    -Dan Sikorski