[geeks] Cell phones: block incoming calls

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 21:07:51 CST 2007

Dan Sikorski wrote:
> Francois Dion wrote:

>>> Smart phones are undeserving of their moniker, is my experience. I love my
>>> Sony Ericsson P990i, because it allows me to have my phone and my PDA with me
>>> at all times but still only having to carry a single device. But the
>>> integration between the computer part and the phone part is sorely lacking.
>>>
>>> SMS (text) messages are messages like anything else, aren't they? So why can't
>>> I simply transfer them from the phone to the computer for archiving?
>>>
>> Works on WM6 pro device, at least.
>>

> If it's like my WM5 device, not much else works.

Virtually everything works to my expectations on my Kyocera 7135,
running PalmOS 4.  Unfortunately, it's getting worn out now, and Kyocera
never made a follow-up device.  I'm not looking forward to getting a
Treo to replace it.  I prefer this thing.  It doesn't do EVDO or
Bluetooth, but it basically does everything else, including taking
pictures and playing MP3s.  And I'm a bit of a klutz at times, and
dropping a clamshell phone like my 7135 does a lot less damage than
dropping a dove-bar phone like the Treo.  But, in any case, I can highly
recommend PalmOS as a smartphone OS.  I've used Windows Mobile, and it
doesn't hold a candle to PalmOS.

Peace...  Sridhar