[geeks] Global Warming questions...

Sun Dec 2 22:50:16 CST 2007

> First off, how much carbon dioxide does an average human "throw off"
> in a year?

I don't know.  But...

> Second, how much greenery (trees, grass, etc.) are needed to convert
> that much carbon dioxide back to oxygen?

...I have seen it said that most of the CO2-to-O2 conversion is carried
out by plant life in the oceans, not land-living plants.  I don't know
whether this is actually true, but given the relative surface areas of
the oceans and the land, it seems at least plausible to me.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca