[geeks] Global Warming causes...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sun Dec 2 21:49:57 CST 2007

>From: Dr Robert Pasken <rpasken at eas.slu.edu>
>Date: 2007/12/02 Sun PM 07:18:32 CST
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Global Warming causes...

>On Sat, 1 Dec 2007, Lionel Peterson wrote:

<snip>

>> Like the UN report where the politicians wrote the summary *before* the
>> scientists wrote the actual report, and where scientist agreement is on
their
>> individual contributions, not the entirety of the UN report (if each man
>> believes his piece of the report, then we can say that all men agree with
the
>> report! Hurrah!)

>Actually that is not true, the final report of the scientists was finished
>as was their summary, the politicians then argued about how they were
>going to change the wording to make it more palatable

My recollection agrees with your correction, now that you mention it - I think
the actual story I heard/read was that the report was not to be released until
after the summary (a number of months later, IIRC) - leaving the final report
open to revision to match the previously released summary...

Lionel