[geeks] Global Warming causes...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sat Dec 1 22:23:14 CST 2007

>From: Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net>
>Date: 2007/12/01 Sat PM 08:11:26 CST
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Global Warming causes...

>Shannon Hendrix wrote:

>>> Know what?  That there isn't unanimity?  Because some scientists
>>> disagree.  That there is consensus?  Because the majority (more than
>>> two
>>> thirds, according to what I've read) agree.
>>
>> Two thirds of what scientists?
>>
>> The ones who the media interviews?
>
>The ones writing papers on climate.

Like the UN report where the politicians wrote the summary *before* the
scientists wrote the actual report, and where scientist agreement is on their
individual contributions, not the entirety of the UN report (if each man
believes his piece of the report, then we can say that all men agree with the
report! Hurrah!)

Lionel