[geeks] Global Warming causes...

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Sat Dec 1 15:48:50 CST 2007

On Sat, 1 Dec 2007 15:39:19 -0500, Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> The news media keeps trying to sell the idea that there is consensus
> on global warming, and that is what is not true, it just makes for
> good stories and even better ad revenue.

There is consensus; there just isn't unanimous consensus. Unanimous
consensus is suspicious ... science needs the lunatic fringe throwing
rocks at the holy cows; after all sometimes the lunatics are right.

The media is probably guilty of nothing more than over-simplification.
They are after all in the business of simplifying stories. As to ad
revenue, well I'm pretty sure my main source of news (the BBC) is pretty
free of influence from the advertisers.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
'I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my